Kimberly is Guest on The Imperfection Wins Podcast with Sam Willing
Sam and Kimberly discuss the release of her book: Connections Change Everything, and discuss the consequences of being disconnected in your life on your physical, and emotional well being. Kimberly also shares three daily steps to build more connection in our life through choosing true human emotional connection over digital interactions, and the power of bringing back the lost meal.
Key takeaways from this episode:
· Show an act of kindness and compassion.
· Authentic connections start with compassion and civility.
· A connection is the exchange of energy and emotion.
· It's easy to hold back who you are, and only bring up the parts of yourself that feel is “acceptable.” There is freedom once you can let go and be 100% you.
· We spend a large percentage of our lives at work. As a leader. you have a chance to create connections and help create a sense of community and well-being among your organization.
· There is value in slowing down to connect with others. When we have meaningful connections, it impacts the level of happiness in our lives.
· Using technology, we tend only to interact, and not connect.
· Three things you can do to provide more opportunities to connect daily.
1. Instead of texting, make a call.
2. Instead of sending an email, find your co-worker, and start a conversation.
3. Practice active listening. Use eye contact, ask validating questions.
· Women have three natural talents as leaders: intuition, high emotional intelligence, and nurturing of collaboration.
· Being open to your imperfections and vulnerability helps people open up and do the same.
Listen in to February 24, 2020 Episode #24: Connections Change Everything!
Get the Book On Amazon: